Pula Airport is located 6 kilometers north of Pula in Ližnjan municipality. You can get to the Airport by shuttle bus, taxi or by car. If you go by car there is good traffic signalization.
The Airport was open for civil traffic in 1967, because of the development of tourism. In 1979 it had 455 000 passengers. Considering the size of the Air terminal and World standards of 100 passengers per m2 (in 1979 there were 112 passengers per m2 and in 1988, 130 passengers per m2) in 1989 a new Air terminal was opened with an area of 12 000 m2 together with parking with 100 parking places (8800 m2) and area for buses with 21 parking place (9300 m2). Area of the airport today is 236 h (without military area).
The state has a 55% share in the airport ownership, like in many other in Croatia. Rest of the 45% is divided between various authorities of local government and cities who invested in its development and gained ownership according to their investments.
The capacity of the airport is now 1 000 000 passengers per year with 1 200 t of goods. Because of the known circumstances, in 1990 there was a major decline in the number of the passengers.
Pula Airport has an asphalted runway (USS), 2 950 m long and 45 m wide. During the summer, number of the passenger largely increases. During the winter, services of Pula Airport are being used for training of school and personnel (Swissair). Pula Airport satisfies all the needs of Istria County. Planned development is focused on expanding current capacities and infrastructure and increasing its security.
Some of the airline companies operating in Pula Airport
- Companies: Croatia Airlines, Lufthansa, Jat, Sas, Transaero, Intersky, Russia Airlines, Globus
- Destinations: Zadar, Zagreb, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Munich, Belgrade, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Moscow, St Petersburg…
- Companies: Ryanair, Germanwings, Jet2.co, Norwegian
- Destinations: London, Paris, Oslo, Brussels, Frankfurt, Berlin, Manchester, Glasgow, Leeds, Bradford, Newcastle, Stockholm
- Companies: Air Mediterranee, Croatia Airlines, Thompson Airways, Tyrolean Airways, Arkefly, Transaero, Aeroflot, Ural Airlines, Belavia, Kogalymavia, Yamal Airlines, Aviatrans, Air Onyx, UT Air, Travel Service, Windrose, AK Bars Aero, Germaia, Redwings
- Destinations: Toulouse, Nantes, Lyon, Marseille, Madrid, Basel, London, Manchester, Birmingham, Graz, Wien, Linz, Amsterdam, Moscow, St Petersburg, Samara, Kiev, Minsk, Kazan…
In the building of Pula Airport there is an Exchange office which is situated in the eastern part of the passenger terminal, where you can only change foreign currencies into Kunas. The phone number of the office is: +385 52 530 182. In Pula Airport visitors can use a large parking space. Payment goes through automatic system and the parking machines. You can pay by card inside the airport building.
At the exit of Pula Airport there is a space for taxi service where passengers can rent a taxi. You can rent a car in Pula Airport. Rent a car services are located in the “Arrivals” sector and in the main hall of the terminal. Cars can also be rented in advance.
Pula airport shuttle bus
There is a shuttle bus between Pula Airport and the Pula Bus station, and the schedule and the tickets can be found on this LINK.
You can also rent a car in Pula Airport.
Other destinations for the shuttle bus are:
- Pula – Verudela,
- Pula – Puntižela,
There is also a Duty Free Shop at the airport with a large offer of different products at available prices.
If you want to refresh, relax or drink a hot beverage, we recommend that you visit a new caffe-bar where you can even order pizzas, salads, cakes, croissants, ice-cream, etc. Smoking area is divided from the rest of the bar.
Nursery room is next to the women’s toilet and has a special sign.
Pula airtport facilities:
- Exchange office
- Rent a car
- Shuttle bus
- Duty Free Shop
- Caffe bar
- Nursery room